Job ID: 2205278
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is hiring a System Engineer who will: System Engineering expertise to the Government in managing their risk, issues, and opportunities across the Enterprise. Responsibilities include attendance at risk boards, tracking of Enterprise risks, interface to Government system engineering processes, provides technical support to the Enterprise Management Frame work, and integrates system engineering solutions across the CLSIC contract.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Clearance required to start: Top Secret/ SCI with Polygraph
Clearaance required to remain on the program: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Specific Duties: • Provides critical system engineering services to government executing the Enterprise Management Framework.
• Works on all aspects of system engineering from initial identification of risk, opportunities, and issues at the operational level through to the corporate processes.
• Guides the direction of all risks, opportunities, and issues that impact the corporate level decisions. • Provides technical services for corporate level System Engineering meetings and status tracking.
• Develops cross program system engineering standards for the Enterprise Management Framework.
• Integrate across the CLSIC team to provide system engineering insight to the mission integrators and capability managers.
• Reviews and provides technical evaluations of key System Engineering documents • Develops and reviews technical assessments and presentations for senior leadership reviews.
• Generates system engineering status reports and presentations for Weekly Staff Meeting.
• Develops, prepares, and delivers documentation and coordinates execution of all major System Engineering Reviews for the Enterprise.
Required Skills: • Bachelor Degree (STEM) or extended relevant experience
• 15 years space launch experience • 8 years government system engineering experience
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other government agencies and mission partners
• Expert knowledge of the system engineering process, to include risk and opportunity management, cross program integration of system engineering issues, and tracking of Enterprise level risks.
• Intermediate knowledge of working launch vehicle to space vehicle interfaces, including mechanical, electrical, mission analysis, launch and SV environments, ground operations, space vehicle transportation and processing, launch readiness, mission interface verification between LV and SV
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.