SAIC has contingent job opportunities for Junior Engineers to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2023.
Job Summary: The Junior Engineer will provide “cradle to grave” engineering support to NSWCDD V dept for the SGS/AC tactical and support programs. The Engineer will have experience with the AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, LCS, or Surface Ship Combat System including design and performance definition with at least two of the core elements of the Combat System and experience at the combat system level. This experience shall include systems engineering consisting of trade-off analysis requirements, design, performance analysis, test definition, and certification of combat system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide system of system (SoS) engineering and support to include participation in all technical reviews, design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), and technical working groups (e.g., Interoperability Architecture Team, Interoperability Certification Assessment Group (ICAG)) to encompass derivation of operational need to delivery of capability.
- Review and analyze specifications, requirements and other documentation, generate and submit comments in accordance with the Element Review Team/ Navy Review Team (ERT/NRT) process, participate in comment adjudication and attend and participate in required Review Team Meetings.
- Participate in the development of technical papers and technical reports, and review of Computer Program Change Requests (CPARs) Specification Changes (SCs), Interface Change Requests (ICRs), and Fleet advisories.
- Develop, review and evaluate engineering change proposals, white papers, interface change requests, design options, design specification changes, interface specifications, and system engineering documents.
- Perform requirements analysis, maintain data tracing requirements to design, maintain data tracing requirements to test procedures and TRs, and develop metrics for the evaluation of SGS/AC algorithms.
- Perform development testing, develop and maintain unit test procedures, collect required metrics.
- Recommend upgrades or new capabilities, perform root cause analysis of TORs and TRs, develop TORs for discovered problems, and review and identify documentation modifications.
- Verify proper software media loading, provide inputs for installation instructions, and review and update delivered software documentation (e.g., version description documents (VDDs) and quick reference guides (QRGs).
- Provide test and evaluation (T&E) support for all SGS/AC programs. This support shall include participation in T&E working groups and integrated product teams (IPTs), such as the Interoperability Development and Certification (IDC) Test and Evaluation Working Group (TEWG) and Data Analysis Working Group (DAWG).
- Participate in SGS/AC tactical program independent verification and validation (IV&V), integration, and combat system testing by developing, modifying, and assessing test plans, test procedures, test reports, schedules, and scenarios.
- Conduct SGS/AC IV&V testing at land-based test sites and in the SGS/AC lab. The contractor shall provide situational reports (SITREPs), test logs, and test observation reports (TORs) to document testing performed and deficiencies discovered during testing
- Active Secret clearance
- Two (2) years general combat system experience in any of the following:
- combat system requirements, concept development, combat systems design/engineering, combat system computer program development, combat system certification, combat system simulation engineering or combat system simulation computer program development.
- Bachelor's degree, or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to work with others in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment to meet established goals and program schedules.
- Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
- Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
Preferred Experience within:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Element Level (Weapon, Sensor, or Combat Management System) Experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.