SAIC has a funded need for a Space Systems Engineer (Senior Principal/Chief) to provide onsite systems engineering and technical advisory services (SETA) to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA.
This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
Responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the development of a Satellite RF Payload
- Operate as on-site SETAs working a major system acquisition (MSA)
- Refine system requirements and ensure system baselines are kept up to date
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements Review (SRRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Supports a System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches.
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Represent the government client to development contractors and ensure proper messaging between the same.
- Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements.
- Work in a team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation (V & V) methodology is codified and executed by the developer, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Provide oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the system engineering processes to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need.
- Review Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives.
- Participate in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR.
- Provide technical evaluation of developer designs to ensure they meet contracted requirements.
- Evaluate new technology insertion candidates and advise client on feasibility, risk and opportunity.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 14 years or more relevant experience; Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 12 years or more relevant experience. PhD and 9 years or more relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Prior experience in requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management.
- Experience in how space systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested.
- Radio Frequency (RF) experience
- Acquisition Management Experience
- Experience supporting the NRO
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph a PLUS!
- Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Systems a PLUS!
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.