*** Hiring bonus available for qualified candidates ***
SAIC is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer - Hardware Installation Lead in San Diego, CA with a SECRET clearance who is also experienced in supporting DoD Acquisition and Navy Sites & Programs of Record (PoR). This position is located in San Diego, CA and will support the Installation and CM Teams providing hardware installation support and managing DoD processes within PEO C4I.
Experience with shipboard installation challenges for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR)-related hardware and/or software on U.S. Navy (USN) and Military Sealift Command (MSC) platforms and shore commands.
- Track procurement and movement of components for the JTT-ME upgrade kit for each ship and shore install. Work with NAWCAD, NIWC LANT and NIWC PAC to ensure all JTT-ME HW and parts are delivered on time.
- Ensure per ship and shore site installation requirements are tracked in meeting Installation Milestones (A-12, A-6, FRCB, etc). Work with Fleet Installation Office (FIO), Shore Installation Planner, Ship Platform Integration, Planning Yard representatives and PMW 120 Installation Managers to ensure pre-installation criteria are met. Work with MIBS team to ensure engineering artifacts are provided to support both ship installation and shore installation requirements.
- Participate in shipchecks, and Review Ship Installation Drawings and As-Built to support system installation and configuration management.
- Understand Navy Modernization Process, new ship construction process (SCN) and FRCB process. Work with PMW 120 Installation Team to develop and track ship 75% DSA and 100% DSA development, Shore DSA and production work scopes.
- Participate in JTT-ME System Engineering meetings and MIBS Program meetings, providing feedback on current status.
- Verify Installation status in SPIDER.
- Create and modify as required documents required for installation including ECOs and SOVTs.
- Review and manage implementation of hardware engineering changes
- Coordinate with NIWC ISEA and Program Office CM and Installation Teams. Establish relationships across functional areas and work closely with SCD developer for engineering change and SCD alignment.
- Participate, as required, in the following: PMW 120 CCB, NAVWAR PTRB, System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs), and Process Improvements efforts
Required Education & Experience:
Required: Bachelors in Engineering Field and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters (preferred) and seven (7) years or more experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of BS degree is acceptable.
Required Security Clearance:
Must be a U.S. citizen and have an active Secret clearance
- Knowledge of NAVWAR/PE Data Environment & Repository (SPIDER) installation database.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Intermediate skills proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
• Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of the customer organization.
• Additional formal education or training that is directly relevant to this particular type of work is a plus. Must have familiarity with Permanent Change (PC) SCD and Non-Permanent Change (NPC) SCD Maturity Process and responsibilities to include: SCD Drafting, Initiation, Submission and Tracking in Navy Data Environment (NDE) website through development.
- Must be familiar with and able to maintain a Navy Data Environment (NDE) website account. Familiarity with the following modules include but not limited to:
- Afloat Master Planning System (AMPS) Mod: To track status of SCD installation on ships; draft and submit electronic Risk Forms (eRF) for newly submitted SCDs.
- Entitled Process (EP) Mod: To submit new SCDs, track approval status and provide info to approval authorities if requested. Update Cost Base Analysis (CBA), Investment Cost data, Appropriations data and Installation Fielding Plan info to match updated Fielding Change.
- Enterprise Change Requests (ECR) / Ship Change Documentation (SCD) for Hardware Installations
- Service Request Forms (SRF) for Application Integration / System Integration Tests (AI/SIT)
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Desired Skills, Experience, Certifications:
Experience with and demonstrated understanding of the DOD acquisition process. Certifications or Completed Courses of Instruction in CM and PM from DAU or other institution.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.