Technical Typist Skills
Technical Typist for this task shall have the appropriate interpersonal skills and English (oral/written/typing) communication skills necessary to interact with Federal employees within the FAA and other Federal agencies. Contract support shall be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office’s Word and Excel along with past experience utilizing an electronic mail (e-mail) program for correspondence.
Technical Typist Duties
- Schedule meetings/conferences and document “minutes” of meetings using organizational supplied/supported applications (minutes documented and posted within 24 hours – 4-6 meetings per month).
- Maintain office files/documentation (hard copy and electronic). File structure, system, and destruction (in accordance with procedures and policies).
- Review documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, formatting, spelling, and make corrections/recommendations for correction of same (ad hoc - in support of AMK-231 branch operations).
- Convert draft documents into standardized/final formats (ad hoc - in support of AMK-231 branch operations).
- Enter information provided by branch personnel into existing templates, on-line forms, databases, etc. (ad hoc - in support of AMK-231 branch operations).
- Answer phones, forward calls, and take messages (respond to data requests within business day).
- Submit and track documents in routing (e.g. POA&M, Risk Acceptance, Deadline Extension, etc.) and provide status weekly and ad hoc as requested.
- Schedule 10-15 meetings per month.
- On a routine basis, scheduling will be completed within 1 work day of assignment or prior to the requested due date.
- Utilize the Government-provided e-mail and calendaring system, to include ensuring invitees are available, proposed meeting location is unoccupied and that meeting Agenda (if provided by the Government) are disseminated in advance to invitees. AMK-231 Federal employees will provide invitee information and the proposed meeting location.
- Office files and document destruction will be current within the week or time frame specified in office procedures.
- Distribute outgoing correspondence within time frames appropriate for priority (e.g. routine – same day, critical/overnight – as identified by requestor).
- Scan hardcopy documentation using government-provided scanners and associated software (10-20 documents per week - as identified by requestor).
Meet deadlines for response to ad hoc data calls and reports
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: N/A
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.