SAIC has contingent job opportunities for Software Systems Engineers to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2023.
Job Summary: The Software Systems Engineer will provide “cradle to grave” engineering and software support to NSWCDD V dept for the SGS/AC tactical and support programs. The engineering and software support requires system engineering, software engineering, testing, and baseline management. Tactical and support programs that will be supported include, but are not limited to, SGS/AC tactical programs (current and future), Wrap Around Simulation Program (WASP), and the Coordinated Battle force Replay and Analysis (CoBRA) tool. Travel is anticipated under this work element.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide system of system (SoS) engineering and support will shall include participation in all technical reviews, design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), and technical working groups (e.g., Interoperability Architecture Team, Interoperability Certification Assessment Group (ICAG)) to encompass derivation of operational need to delivery of capability.
- Develop, review and evaluate engineering change proposals, white papers, interface change requests, design options, design specification changes, interface specifications, and system engineering documents.
- Perform requirements analysis, maintain data tracing requirements to design, maintain data tracing requirements to test procedures and TRs, and develop metrics for the evaluation of SGS/AC algorithms.
- Provide software development and integration for SGS/AC tactical and support programs.
- Software development shall be accomplished using SGS/AC software development and configuration management processes. The candidate shall participate in software design teams, development teams, and the Local Change Control Board (LCCB).
- Conduct code reviews for software changes, perform development testing, develop and maintain unit test procedures, provide code difference reports, and collect required software metrics.
- Recommend software upgrades or new capabilities, perform root cause analysis of TORs and TRs, develop TORs for discovered problems, and review and identify documentation modifications.
- Compile and build software releases for delivery, produce and modify build instructions, verify proper software media loading, provide inputs for installation instructions, and review and update delivered software documentation (e.g., version description documents (VDDs) and quick reference guides (QRGs).
- Provide test and evaluation (T&E) support for all SGS/AC programs.
- This support shall include participation in T&E working groups and integrated product teams (IPTs), such as the Interoperability Development and Certification (IDC) Test and Evaluation Working Group (TEWG) and Data Analysis Working Group (DAWG).
- Participate in SGS/AC tactical program independent verification and validation (IV&V), integration, and combat system testing by developing, modifying, and assessing test plans, test procedures, test reports, schedules, and scenarios.
- Conduct SGS/AC IV&V testing at land-based test sites and in the SGS/AC lab. The SW Systems Engineer shall provide situational reports (SITREPs), test logs, and test observation reports (TORs) to document testing performed and deficiencies discovered during testing.
- Conduct code inspections and analyze data collected during test events to evaluate SGS/AC performance, validate trouble report (TR) corrections, provide input for TORs, and provide information for TR closure sheets.
The Software Systems Engineer shall provide baseline management support for SGS/AC; which shall include combat system certification meeting support, review and comment of ship change documents (SCDs), development and maintenance of build description plans, and development of software development schedules
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years professional technical experience which includes at least four (3) years specialized experience performing computer hardware engineering, software design, coding and compilation of code; computer or software requirements management, computer systems or software integration; and utilizing systems engineering software tools.
- Specialized experience shall also include demonstrated ability to engineer complex systems with integrated software and hardware solutions.
- Experience related to weapons systems and/or Navy programs and C/C++, Unix, and Linux.
- Ability to work with others in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment to meet established goals and program schedules.
- Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
- Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Element Level (Weapon, Sensor, or Combat Management System) Experience
- Agile software development
• BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples: Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Computer Science, or Naval Architecture
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.