SAIC is seeking a Senior Engineer that will sit at Picatinny Arsenal.
- Provides real time analysis, oversight, and reporting on production efforts 5.56mm, 7.62mm, Cal .50, 9mm, and shot shell
- Provides input on Acquisition Strategies and Acquisition Plans for small caliber ammunition.
- Performs independent evaluations of technical or process problems impacting delivery of small caliber ammunition or in-process components.
- Participates in root cause analyses, provide recommendations, follow-up implementation of corrective actions, and coordinates data.
- Reviews project proposals and recommends candidate projects for consideration for Army or joint funding.
- Reviews ammunition user concerns and explores solutions in a timely manner.
- Review industrial base facilitation efforts to include recapitalizing existing capabilities (e.g. modernization) as well as potential implementation of new products, equipment and processes.
- Monitors activities on Army funded projects and programs.
- Mentors and coaches engineers and acquisition support personnel on small caliber ammunition development, production and sustainment.
- Applies knowledge of development and production of legacy ammunition to recommend potential solutions for small caliber ammunition issues.
- Develops and supports implementation of cost savings initiatives for small caliber ammunition.
- Applies sound engineering and business management best practices to provide recommendations on small caliber ammunition Engineering Change Proposals and Requests for Waivers or Deviations.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
Must have experience in the following:
- Primary contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements.
- Developing technical concepts, plan for implementation, monitor technical progress, design tests, assess performance data, and develop solutions to technical problems.
- Assisting other technical employees by providing expert advice training, and technical guidance necessary in areas listed in scope.
- Authoring, editing and contributing to production of technical reports and other technical products, such as overall project concepts and descriptions, test plans and technical reports
A minimum of a Secret clearance is required.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.