SAIC has contingent job opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer- Surface Ship Combat Systems to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2023.
Job Summary: The Principal Systems Engineer-Surface Ship Combat Systems will have experience with the AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, LCS, or DDG 1000 Combat System including design and performance definition with at least three of the core elements of the Combat System and experience at the combat system level. This experience shall include systems engineering consisting of trade-off analysis requirements, design, performance analysis, test definition, and certification of combat system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test procedures and analysis cases; participates in the test inspection process; tests functional test procedures; and performs analysis case, checksheet, data, and requirements analysis.
- Review Interface Design Specification (IDS), Program Performance Specification (PPS), and Computer Program Description Document to ensure operational requirements are defined to specifications.
- Generate, review, and evaluate Computer Program Change Requests (CPCRs), Specification Changes (SCs), Test Observation Reports (TORs), and ICRs for accuracy and merit from AWS program testing.
- Review and provides technical comments for Aegis BL Quick Reference Guides (QRGs), including data analysis to support DDG-100 Combat System Ship Qualification Test (CSSQT) operations.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, including BL 9 Functional Area Assessment (FAA) and Change Review Boards (CRBs) to discuss open CPCR status’ and recommend implementations in future CP builds; Technical Information Meetings (TIMs)
- Coordinate requirements traceability efforts from A-Spec to B5 through DOORS, and develops training material for DOORS training briefs.
- Perform engineering and testing of AWS C&D and ADS elements in AW, including Standard Missile.
- Design and develop future upgrades and life-cycle support of existing computer programs to the AWS.
- Develop, tested, and analyze the production and development of AWS upgrades or modifications at the Integrated Warfare System Lab (IWSL), Surface Combat System Center (SCSC), and Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS). Developed test requirements definitions, plans and procedures development and maintenance, evaluation and stimulation, data reduction and analysis, and computer program documentation review and maintenance.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Fourteen (14) years general systems engineering combat system experience.
- General systems engineering combat systems experience refers to prior experience in any of the following: combat system requirements,/concept development, combat systems design/engineering, combat system computer program development, combat system certification, combat system simulation engineering or combat system simulation computer program development.
- Experience with developmental of Combat Systems, Computer Program versions in effect in the past seven (7) years.
- Specifically, experience gained with real time Naval tactical and related Combat Systems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.