SAIC is seeking a candidate for its Subcontracts Analyst position to support our team in Alabama. The individual in this position will be performing daily subcontracting support of a large contract. Note: This job is Full Time and can be worked Remote in Alabama, Hunstville preferred
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontract systems in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
- May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years or more of related experience; Master’s and four (4) years or more of related experience
- Required Skills:
- Must have excellent understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Excellent knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.