SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Principal Systems Certification Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Department with Advanced Ship and Combat System Integration Engineering.
Work will be performed on-site in Dahlgren, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2023.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will apply systems analysis and operational procedures to complex operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, systems operations, and interoperability. Position requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with management practices in one or more subject-matter areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the operations and integration requirements of complex Naval Surface weapons and combat systems or systems of systems. Assist in formulating requirements; advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised systems; identify omissions and errors in requirements. Assist in the development of system design for approved projects. Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
- Provide engineering assessments of the impact and implications of integrating new or revised components into existing combat systems baselines using standard analysis tools for compliance and/or deviation from published specifications. Be familiar with combat systems operation and performance specifications to recognize deviations.
- Review existing or planned integration test initiatives and determine if the current plans can satisfy operational requirements as defined by the product manufactures identified integration plans and if not, provide an assessment of the deltas (differences), the risks associated with the deltas, and recommend a path for resolution.
- Good interpersonal and communications required! Applicant will be working closely with persons from many Branches and Disciplines and will be required to make his findings clear to all.
- Conduct research in a field or specialization of a scientific or operational discipline to discover facts or perform research directed toward investigation, evaluation, and application of known scientific, mathematical, or operational theories and principles.
- Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes.
- Prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
- Development of plans.
- Review of emergent requirements.
- Assessment of integration options.
- Review of Ship Alterations (SHIPALTs), Engineering Change Proposals, Interface Change Requests, Interface Design Specification Changes, and Ordnance Alterations.
- Support for SHIPALT development and availability planning, Technical support for integration of non-Mark 7 systems and equipment.
- Support for analysis and testing efforts.
- Support for Aegis Change Review Board (CRB) meetings.
- Review of changes to the Aegis Combat System Configurations.
- Support for Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and technical meetings.
- Support for Aegis Ship Configuration and Planning.
- Support for ACB Ship Configuration and Planning.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field
- Fourteen (14) years of general Surface Navy Combat Systems engineering experience with five (5) years of specialized experience in the certification of combat systems and ten (10) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Weapon/Sensor Combat Systems Experience
- Two (2) yrs analysis experience involving Data Analysis and subsequent reporting for Naval Combat Systems and Subsystems in general, and Aegis Combat and Weapons systems specifically.
- Minimum Two (2) yrs Windows and Microsoft Office experience. Must be able to create, modify, review and report Spreadsheets, Documents and Presentations.
- Experience across the full system lifecycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of systems development lifecycle and systems engineering role throughout lifecycle.
- Able to effectively mentor junior SE practitioners and guide them through their own career development.
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Accredited Master of Science (MS) Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum. Examples include: Mechanical Engineering (ME) / Electrical Engineering (EE) / Industrial Engineering (IE) / Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
- OR MS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics. Examples: Applied Math, Applied Physics, Operational Research, Modeling and Simulation, Chemistry, Computer Science, or Naval Architecture
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.