SAIC is seeking an Inventory Planner to monitor and optimize inventory on one of its USG supply chain contracts. Ongoing growth in our Defense Supply Chain business area has driven this need for this key business position. The successful candidate will be a part of a multi-functional team, working together to meet/exceed contractual goals while minimizing inventory costs. This role is located in Fairfield, NJ.
- Plan inventory, schedule manufacturing orders and coordinate the flow of work and materials to meet delivery expectations of forecasted and actual sales while minimizing inventory levels. Create inventory replenishment plans and forecasts for ~400 government-managed SKUs. Address backorders and determine what steps are necessary to alleviate the situation. Manage inventory levels at three different hubs.
- Financial/inventory, contractual, customer service and program management.
- Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards. Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access is a requirement. Quantitative and qualitative skills are also required. A background in finance would be helpful. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Include use of inventory planning software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory; analysis of historical customer data to forecast future needs; development and release of purchase requisitions to replenish stock to avoid stock-outs and excess; collaborating with warehouse and procurement employees to minimize waste and reporting to program management on stock levels, issues, etc.
- Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. Often refers to policies, procedures and practices for guidance.
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects. Effective verbal and written communicator. Ability to solve, document and present business and contractual solutions to both internal and external customers. MS PowerPoint experience is a plus; MS Word is a requirement.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience
- four (4) years experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Proven experience as inventory planner
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- An analytical mind with excellent organizational and planning skills and a degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.