SAIC is seeking a Director of Business Development with a focus on Naval Surface Warfare Center located in Bedford, Indiana.
This position aligns to the Naval Business Unit (NBU) within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC and supports the SAIC Combat and Strategic Systems Account Leader.
The Business Development Professional is responsible for identifying, qualifying, and assisting with the capture for a robust pipeline that supports the Naval Business Unit growth objectives. Additionally, the Business Development Professional is responsible for helping manage and guide Combat and Strategic Systems Naval focused pursuits to include the proposed solution.
This person will also participate in the development of:
- Price to Win Strategies
- Capture Plans
- Win Strategies
- Value Propositions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position requires effective management and leadership of Business Development efforts. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Coalesce with NBU team members including operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
- Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Bachelor's degree and 18+ years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Deep understanding of Naval Combat and Strategic Systems community to include current programs of record.
- Led major NSWC Program(s)
- Active relationships with NSWC leadership.
- Active relationships with NSWC leadership and technical leads at:
- NSWC Crane
- NSWC Corona
- NSWC Carderock
- NSWC Dahlgren
- NSWC Indian Head
- NSWC Panama City
- NSWC Philadelphia
- NSWC Port Hueneme
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
- The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
- Strong understanding of Naval Engineering and Integration
- Strong understanding of operational Naval engineering requirements
- Strong understanding of Naval shipboard systems
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on NAVSEA programs.
- Deep understanding of all facets of effective growth from the initial opportunity identification to inside of the proposal room
- Driven and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.