SAIC is seeking a Senior Wargame Planner to support the USINDOPACOM K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise (SME) and operational support in wargaming, wargaming analysis, joint simulations, scenarios, and issue identification/coordination/resolution.
- Supports wargaming activities from start to finish, including but not limited to:
- Develop and manage wargame project schedule
- Collaborate with sponsor to refine wargame problem, purpose, objectives
- Coordinate development of the game proposal
- Coordinate, lead wargame planning conferences
- Manage game rehearsal and execution
- Participate in wargame design and development processes
- Participate in development and testing of game player products
- Support game and adjudication testing processes
- Support adjudication planning, training, and execution
- Contribute to postgame analysis
- Performs coordination and action officer responsibilities to facilitate effective operation of the wargaming team.
- Forms working groups and teams
- Prepares responses to official taskings
- Facilitates stakeholder discussions and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success
- Shares best practices, expertise, and SOPs, and builds a team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges
- Creates and edits products in support of the Wargaming Planning Group
- Bachelors degree and (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Analytical Event (Wargaming, Tabletop Exercises, and Experimentation planning, coordination, design and analysis experience.
- Experience in organizing and executing large, complex events
- Ability to quickly adapt plans as circumstances require
- Prior experience supporting a Joint command
- Experience authoring reports, policy, or proposals
- Strong customer relations expertise and excellent written and verbal communication skills sufficient to comfortably and effectively present at a senior leadership (business and military) level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Familiarization with current USINDOPACOM AOR challenges
- Experience with research or workforce analysis
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.