We are currently seeking a motivated and energetic Automation Engineer Principal to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The Automation Engineer will participate in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Plans, and Automated Test Scripts as well as other aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement.
Job Responsibilities –
- Design, develop, execute and maintain aitumated test portfolios using Selenium, Java and other open source tools for both UI and server functionality
- Generating test data and performing Data Validation
- Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
- Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
- Implement automated testing during feature development to facilitate integration, regression, functional and system testing of applications and services
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies, and generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
- Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. for design, development, and testing the software
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 9+ Years of relevant technical experience (prior experience as a developer is a plus)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS public trust
- Basic SQL query skills and general understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
- Evaluate test results, report and manage defects.
- Good Understanding of Oriented programming and Data Structures.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Good written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done.
- Experiecne with any one of the following test management software: Selenium Bugzilla, Jira, or Rally
- Experiecne with test automation in a cloud environment preferably AWS
- Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
- Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: frontend/backend applications, Web and Web Services, desktop, and Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic XML knowledge
- Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
- Thread programming experience is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
- Experience with XML a plus.
- Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.