Description: SAIC is seeking an experienced Princpal Proposal Manager (REMOTE) to join our dynamic Agile Response Team supporting the Health, State & Local Government, and Financial Sector. Candidate may work remote as long as they have the ability to travel and/or work in the office if proposal needs dictate. Responsible for managing proposal efforts, as well as working closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development such as pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management and adherence, action/issue tracking, proposal structure development, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, color review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop/maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda and notes, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write, re-write, and/or edit proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, solution architects, and proposal writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provide frequent updates regarding proposal progress to team via periodic stand-up meetings that discuss volume/section status, schedule, and action items.
- Prepare for and conduct color reviews of written proposal volumes to include in-briefing and de-briefing reviewers, consolidating and resolving minor comments, and working with the capture manager and solution architect to resolve major comments.
- Work with the contracts and pricing leads to remain current on all solicitation modifications and pricing milestones, communicate changes and updates to the team, and revise the schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- Perform white glove review, desktop publishing, and other proposal production activities on final proposal documents to include Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development and documentation of proposal processes, plans, and templates to standardize streamline the team's approach to developing proposal responses
Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and 13 years or more experience ; PhD or JD and 10 years or more experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (with demonstrated writing capabilities)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role OR Master's Degree and 7 years of demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent proposal responses with competing deadlines, rotating proposal development contributors, and changing priorities to produce accurate, high-quality content
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with various proposal contributors, reviewers, and approvers, including executives, all levels of management, subject matter experts, operations team members, writers, graphic artists, and subcontractors/external partners
- Ability to take initiative and act as an independent operator in terms of leading and executing all phases of the proposal lifecycle without explicit direction or detailed task descriptions from leadership
- Ability to internalize constructive feedback received, extrapolate, and apply it to similar scenarios in the future to continuously improve ability to act independently and make appropriate judgment calls without specific direction from leadership
- Excellent writing and editing, analytical and critical thinking, and communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Experience developing IDIQ, GWAC, schedule, and other Federal vehicle acquisition proposals, as well as responding to the subsequent quick-turn task orders issued on these vehicles
- Understanding of the FAR, especially best-value aspects
- Experience with Federal Government procurement in health/civilian agencies and/or information technology field
- Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration tools and best practices
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.