Job ID: 2204182
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Project Engineer to provide project engineering support to assist the Government Program Office Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) in planning, developing, and monitoring engineering development and procurement contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Poly and is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Develop product technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for procurement acquisitions.
o Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Interface Document.
- Provides support to the COTR in providing oversight of Contractor’s program execution. Monitor performance requirements and compliance with contract technical requirements.
- Review contractor technical design documentation and data deliverables. Provide feedback to the COTR on documentation. Documentation includes:
o Proposed architecture and design
o Requirements functional analysis and allocation results
o Test Program, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports
o Systems Engineering Master Plan (SEMP)
o System/Subsystem Specifications (Hardware and Software)
o Hardware/Software Build Plans
- Knowledge of systems engineering policies, specifications, and standards. Provide recommendation of specifications and standards to be placed as program compliance/reference documents in contract.
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals.
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing and participating in Contractor formal design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
- Witness Contractor conducted testing based upon technical expertise.
- Conduct risk and opportunity management analysis.
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills – Must be able to put pen to paper!
- BS in engineering or technical field.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Experience with ground terminals, antennas, or other space/ground systems
Bachelors and (9) years or more experience; Masters and (7) years or more experience
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.