This position reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting & Policy within the Office of the Corporate Controller. This position will be responsible for assessing the technical accounting requirements for a variety of complex transactions; implementing new accounting standards; supporting the external reporting process by drafting new footnote disclosures; and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures are maintained for all relevant process areas.This position can be worked remotely, 100% nationwide.
- Perform technical accounting research on significant and unique transactions entered into by SAIC (including acquisitions, joint ventures, lease transactions, stock compensation, restructuring activities, etc.), and assist in the preparation of accounting memoranda and executive summaries documenting the accounting impact and conclusions
- Review and analyze new accounting pronouncements to determine the impact on SAIC and, when applicable, assist with the implementation of new standards
- Prepare SAIC's annual goodwill impairment analysis
- Evaluate revenue contracts entered into by SAIC and research the relevant US GAAP accounting guidance to determine the appropriate accounting treatment
- Prepare financial analysis of SAIC's consolidated financial statements
- Prepare 10Q/10K footnote disclosures for certain complex accounting areas
- Perform tie-out procedures for certain footnote disclosures
- Assist in the drafting of new/updated global accounting policies
- Maintain and monitor department compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Provide analysis and support to SAIC's external auditors
- Other special projects, as assigned
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience
- Certified public accountant
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience, including Big 4 public accounting (audit) experience
- A strong interest in performing technical accounting research over a broad range of topics. Able to navigate and interpret the relevant authoritative literature and evaluate and recommend solutions
- Familiarity with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements in the areas of revenue recognition, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, goodwill impairment assessments, segment reporting, hedge accounting and business combinations
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to prepare organized work paper files
- A proven ability to deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Unquestioned personal integrity
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills and flexibility to switch from one project to the next
- Government contracting experience a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.