*** Hiring bonus available for qualified candidates ***
SAIC is looking for a cleared Senior Systems Engineer Combat Systems SME candidate to support the Program Manager for Warfare, PMW120 Battlespace Awareness Program Office of the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) organizations which are responsible for the determination of force levels, shipboard and related support requirements and major features of programs involving Information Operations, Information Warfare, and Electronic Warfare. You will be directly involved with system engineering efforts as it relates to those missions.
As a System Engineer and Combat Systems Technical Expert you will be responsible for any of the following tasks:
- Serve as the Program Managers principal system engineering technical assistant Combat Systems Integration project management, expert in Combat System Tactical, Technical, Training and Test management and operations, and System of Systems interoperability expert for afloat platforms.
- Provide technical expertise for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures advancing the development of mission capabilities for information warfare and combat systems related projects.
- Provide technical interface to resource sponsors for information warfare and combat systems related projects.
- Support the program leadership in the development and tracking of combat systems related projects schedules, costs and plans.
- Provide senior level analytical support expertise in Naval surface warfare operations analysis, operational research, systems engineering, and systems analysis;
- Assist the Government with the development and analyses of capabilities, gaps, requirements, system integration, operational and systems concepts, and program strategies.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations for establishing and maintaining IW platform modernization, ensuring end-to-end process integration, including modernization process governance and enforcement methodologies/requirements.
- Assist in development and update of technical documentation to support IW platform modernization development. Documents include but are not limited to: position papers, technical summaries and highlights of key program issues, trade-off analyses, and the preparation of technical briefings.
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or STEM and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience as a US Navy Surface Warfare Officer (Combat Systems Officer, Electronics Material Officer, or System Test Officer); Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; 4 additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of BS degree
- Experience supporting Intelligence, Information Operations, and Cryptologic Operations at the tactical unit level.
- Experience with major program of record system engineering activities including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, testing, and certification of major programs
- Experience with developmental and operational testing of computer programs and weapons systems
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of System of System engineering.
- US Citizen with an active TS/SCI based on an SSBI conducted within the last five (5) years and favorably adjudicated for SCI access
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
- Experienced Surface Warfare Officer (SWO); Surface Electronics or Operations Limited Duty Officer (LDO)/Chief Warrant Officer;
- Existing knowledge as stated in specific subtasks listed, and have seven (7) years of general experience, with at least five (5) years of hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Navy budgets, POM, PPBE, JCIDS;
- Demonstrated knowledge with U.S. surface combatant platforms and associated war- fighting characteristics and capabilities for platforms, including experience with the Aegis Weapon System, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense programs, SSDS, DDG1000 or other Navy ACAT 1 Programs;
- Assessing historical and current program performance and mission objectives, and analyzing the effects of developmental plans and/or new technologies on all factors associated to the mission; and
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access, and Adobe Acrobat.
Desired Skills, Experience, Certifications:
- INCOSE, Agile, DevOps, and/or DevSecOps Certifications
- System Administration and/or Computer Networking Certifications (or equivalent training)
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, and experience with Naval Systems or Programs
- Understanding of Digital Engineering using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, requirements development/validation and concept of operations formulation
- Recent experience with US Navy networks and systems such as CANES, NGEN, ONE-NET, JIE, IDEA, and IC-ITE at all security enclaves up to and including TS/SCI.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.