SAIC is seeking a Project Scheduler to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This position will be partially remote/work from home/flexwork with periodic onsite visits to Crane Naval Base or a Crane SAIC facility approximately 2-3 times a month. The percentage of onsite work may increase once COVID restrictions are lifted, otherwise most of the daily work can be performed from a home office.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for creating, updating and coordinating project schedules. Creates resource usage model and predictions. Works closely with team leaders to build, evaluate and optimize project schedules. The Project Scheduler will participate in a cross-functional team environment in development and oversight of development and related project schedules. As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service.
- Work closely with the project team to develop, maintain and manage the project schedule; to include development, engineering, construction, supply chain, regulatory and finance-related activities
- Participate in regular project team meetings across multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are being scheduled and forecast using a consistent methodology
- Regularly review critical path, cost loading, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints and milestones
- Provide schedule analysis and metrics to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- The Project Scheduler will work with the project leadership team to perform scenario analysis and provide data to enable decisions, such as:
- Defining an appropriate WBS in line with the adopted project development and project delivery strategy
- How to monitor and control the project through the various phases of the project lifecycle
- How to manage the interface between the various contracts
- Completion dates of any project's portions
- Maximizing efficiency of the project strategy with respect to cost, time and contingency
- Risk and opportunity management
- Participate in the development of standards to support the functional groups in successful delivery of projects.
- During the execution stage, the Project Scheduler will work with the people responsible for executing the work to monitor and control the project, including:
- Updating the schedule and comparing the actual work performed against the baseline program
- Identifying and reporting variances, and regularly updating the schedule and reporting on any changes
- Identifying activities impacting the schedule's critical path and facilitating the identification of opportunities to accelerate completion of the work, or measures to avoid potential delays
- Assist in the review of the schedule and status of the plans during all phases of the projects
- Reporting on project statuses, trends, and forecasts
- Reporting on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and seven (7) years’ experience; OR Associates and five (5) years’ experience; OR Bachelors and three years’ experience; OR Masters and one (1) year experience.
- The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and operate entrepreneurially and collaboratively to accomplish deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience in project scheduling is ideal
- Proficiency with scheduling software, with a strong preference placed on MS Project
- Experience in project planning/scheduling
- Requires strong computer skills to include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and database applications.
- An understanding of critical path methodology to ensure, and communicate, timely delivery of milestone tasks.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.