Job ID: 2203572
Location: ATLANTA, GA, United States
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
This is a remote position. The work location can be anywhere in the US.
The Security Archiect will be a key member of a fast-paced Security Solution development team with primary responsibilities of managing and architecting a Splunk ES instance but have the ability as to provide actionable SIEM architectural solutions. The ideal candidate will not only be SME with Splunk but have the ability to open the aperture to architect solutions that work for this customer.
The job description and skills required include:
- Maintain a Splunk ES instance
- Develop security focused content for complex Splunk deployments with a focus on the creation of complex detection and alerting logic and log source on-boarding
- Liaison with stakeholders across Security, DevOps, Analytics, Application Management, and Cloud computing/products/services to gather content and dashboard needs
- Provide Architectural leadership as the client environment needs for Splunk evolves
- Document the process and administration requirements
- Provide recommendations for improvement in the maintenance
- Develop operational views to support multiple security stakeholders
- Establish a model to onboard data log workflows from a grown set of application
- Establish alternative Data Lake methods for log ingestion and analysis that is vendor agnostic (not specifically Splunk)
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience. Four Additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Required tools and skills include:
-Splunk Certified Architect
- Experience with Data Lake methods such as Snowflake and Panther.io, Athena and Elastic Search, syslog-ng, Cloudtrail and Cloudwatch
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.