Job ID: 2203484
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer with expert experience in Windows, Linux, Active Directory, Virtualization, Cloud, and scripting experience to support our Federal Government customer. The candidate will work within the Server Engineering team supporting the Infrastructure and Operations Hosting Environment within the Department of Transportation.
High Priority qualifications, skills, experience, certifications
This individual will work with a team of local and remote engineers to provide O&M support to US DOT. Responsible for the day-to-day management of Windows Server infrastructure, to include, oversight of Active Directory and SQL Server. Works in the Windows Server team, overseeing activities within server imaging, Active Directory management, and SQL Server. Responsible for incident management as it relates to Active Directory and SQL Server. Performs advanced troubleshooting of complex system issues. Works primarily in a virtualized environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 to 2019) [expert-level]
• VMware vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization [expert-level
• Active Directory engineering and management [expert-level]
• Group Policy Management [expert-level]
• Windows Failover Clustering [expert-level]
• Scripting Experience: PowerShell and VBScript [mid-level]
• Windows IIS web server administration [mid-level]
• Azure and AWS administration and Implementation [mid-level]
• Incident management and troubleshooting skills [mid-level]
• Windows file shares and security administration [mid-level]
• Windows Print Services, Lexmark, Xerox, and HP printer administration [mid-level]
• Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems [mid-level]
• Dell PowerEdge Rackmount and Blade servers [mid-level]
• Unix/Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Apache, Tomcat) [mid-level]
• SQL Server HA Clusters administration [mid-level]
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) [mid-level]
• Smart Card / PIV card / CAC integration experience [knowledge of]
• Windows Certificates Services Management [knowledge of]
• PKI Architecture and Management [Knowledge of]
Experience, Education and Certifications
Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience administrating and managing servers and systems, cloud infrastructure, file and print environments, specializing in Windows operating systems. Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and SQL Server.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019 Administration (MCSE, MCITP certification)
US Citizen. Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.