Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
SAIC is seeking a RF Payload Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to a Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground efforts as part of an exciting and innovative set of programs.
The RF Payload Systems Engineer supports the System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of RF payload systems development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture. The RF Payload Systems Engineer is an individual contributor and member of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that work to support the Government through lifecycle systems engineering and management processes to deliver desired capabilities and meet overall program objectives. Specifically, the RF Payload Systems Engineer will serve as on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) with responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing design and development of RF payload systems and components including signal processing units
- Applying complex RF specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for RF payload systems and components
- Assisting the Government in developing concept of operations (CONOPS) and approaches to employment of RF systems
- Ensuring research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on sound engineering practices including management of technical risks
- Providing technical support to Government customer activities and programmatic processes
- Developing documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, briefs Government and industry as required
- Developing RF payload performance models to inform Government systems engineering trades
- Supports Contract Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain SMEs and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the flight systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements
- Providing critical review of Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) to ensure contractor developed Specifications are traceable to government Requirements
- Providing critical review of Verification and Validation (V&V) plan to ensure all requirements are satisfied and thoroughly tested
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the RF payload systems elements, functionality, interfaces, manufacture, build, test, and operations to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives
- Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 9 years of related experience or at least 7 years of related experience with a Masters degree
- Knowledge of RADAR system operations, waveform usage and processing
- Knowledge of how RF systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested
- Knowledge of how space systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Masters degree in electrical engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Experience in Spacecraft and Spacecraft Payload development
- Experience in RF Antenna design, build, test and fabrication
- Working knowledge of MatLab, and RF signal processing modeling software
- Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Systems
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.