SAIC is seeking a DevSecOps Lead to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Engineering Directorate in Huntsville, AL. The ideal candidate will be an energetic person who will drive how the organization deploys, verifies, and monitors applications and services. This person will interface with all stakeholders to define DevSecOps processes and orchestrate pipeline development to shape the culture. This role also assists in the ongoing improvement of Continuous Improvement/ Continuous Development (CI/CD) environment provisioning and development workflows. You will ensure that they have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all applications.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the organization and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from divisions and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Assist other division engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the organization to maintain software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the organization and seek to continually improve processes
- Work alongside other engineers to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- BS/BA Degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working together with multiple stakeholders to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Experience with an Issue tracking system
- Organization and coordination with other tools including continuous integration, code quality, or source control management
- Experience with multiple operating systems (RHEL and Windows)
- Prior experience with software development languages including C++, Python, BASH or other scripting languages
- Prior experience with artifact management software: Gitlab, Artifactory or similar
- BS Degree (Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred)
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large DoD organization
- Experience with Open Shift, Coverity, Fortify, and SD Element software is strongly desired
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and government software engineering preferred.
- Experience in the Missile Defense Agency
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with artifact repositories including configuration, installation and maintenance. This should also include helping teams understand how to publish artifacts to the repository as well as support versioning schemes.
- Experience with automation including implementation, design and proselytization across the customer base.
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Honesty, superior ethics
- Interpersonal savvy, excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Positive Attitude
- Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
- The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.