Job ID: 2202809
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Subcategory: Admin Services
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant in Arlington, VA. The Administrative Assistant will provide executive assistance to the Irregular Warfare Technical Support Directorate (IWTSD). The individual will provide a wide variety of general administrative, secretarial/clerical, and office functions in support of subgroup personnel and senior staff. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will serve as a subject matter expert on Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), country clearances, and the management of travel for program managers and senior staff in the IWTSD. In this capacity, the Administrative Assistant will serve as an asset for the entire organization regarding the full range of travel related activities for both domestic and international travel. Administrative support tasks will encompass a full range of moderate to complex clerical and secretarial assignments that involve use of judgment and discretion. This position will be working for a Department of Defense organization that identifies and develops capabilities for DoD to conduct Irregular Warfare against all adversaries and delivers those capabilities to DoD components and interagency partners through rapid research and development, advanced studies and technical innovation. Assignments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating and preparing travel arrangements and reimbursements in the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Monitoring changes to JTR policies and disseminating those changes to appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining schedules, appointments, meetings, and calendars in Microsoft Outlook for assigned staff.
- Managing front desk operations i.e., answering multiple phone lines; greeting visitors; performing check-in and checkout procedures, etc.
- Preparing and composing correspondence, reports, etc.
- Proofreading and editing internal and external communication and correspondence for assigned staff.
- Organizing, coordinating, and assisting with conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events.
- Maintaining, gathering, and analyzing data for various purposes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 5 years of administrative experience performing administrative and office support for multiple persons.
- 5 years of continuous and recent experience using the DTS
- Creating and conducting audit level reviews of travel authorizations and expense reports with authoritative knowledge of current Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) policies.
- Demonstrated ability to promptly communicate changes to the JTR that will impact IWTSD travel to ensure all travel is within regulation and would pass an audit.
- Expert on current country clearance processes and policies for official foreign travel.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Clearance:
- Active DOD Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.