Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a Chief Systems Engineer to support the customer’s modernization of their Enterprise Infrastructure Services Transformation and Service Transition Team. This position will be at the customer's Laurel, Maryland facility. The selected individuals will:
- Assist with the customer’s enterprise infrastructure services transformation.
- Provide risk management tools; implement information management tools, evaluate performance-based information, provide technical and process recommendation, conduct technical analysis of alternatives, and provide configuration management.
- Assist in planning, developing, deploying, securing, and operating the Information Technology Infrastructure (for all domains) across the customer enterprise.
- Assist in developing transition plans and processes related to services that include data links, networks, government communication systems, interfaces, and processing systems. This also includes assisting with the standardization of these services so that enterprise tools are developed within the organization and our technologies.
- Assist the Government Team in ensuring required activities associated with systems integration is completed during EIS transformation.
- Produce system engineering and technical documentation, develop master schedules, design related dashboards, and establish overarching best practices and processes.
- Serve as liaison to critical personnel in monitoring the state of project development milestones.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Experience performing requirements gathering, design synthesis, and system design to assist with the transformation of services. Cloud support/migration experience. In AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience producing enterprise level architectural artifacts such as: CONOPS, model-based systems engineering, use-case diagrams and security-based compliance support (to include STE requirements).
- Ability to make recommendations to prevent or mitigate outages or compatibility issues with the EIS transformation efforts. Systems engineering and systems administration experience with Windows and/or Linux environments, databases, backups/storage, and networking.
- Ability to provide risk analysis, evaluate test results, if needed, identify and report health status of activities, to aid in ensuring the health and compatibility of enterprise and mission. Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity of enterprise infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to provide gap analysis and risk analysis in understanding the significance and probability of identified risks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate required activities, compliance information, and technical information with enterprise personnel.
- Must be able to provide troubleshooting recommendations and research solutions as requested, capturing these efforts in the appropriate systems engineering documentation.
- Must have familiarization with customer infrastructure.
- Must have experience with Confluence
- Must have experience with SharePoint including ability to manage folder structure, modify permissions, and create new sites
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.