SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Horizon Program to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the US Space Force (USSF) under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the newly named Space Systems Command (SSC) and former Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo, CA.
SMC’s portfolio of programs are designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority in areas including space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
The following represents a general overview of duties and responsibilities.
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of weapon system development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework as well as evolving policy,
- Participate in Government Integrated Product Team activities with inter/intra-organizations throughout the system life cycle,
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability,
- Perform concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, and decision analysis,
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints,
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into applicable developmental requirements,
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Required Education and Experience Range
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience
- Active Top Secret clearance with in-scope SSBI/T5 and have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI for Special Programs. Must be willing to consent to a Poly.
- 3+ years of experience working on technical programs and with systems engineering processes, preferably within the space control mission area
- 5+ years of experience with requirements development
- 5+ years of experience with specification development
- 3+ years of experience with Interface Definition Development
- 3+ years of experience with Systems Engineering Process and Tool Development
- Government Program Office experience
- Prior experience with being able to balance and adjust work priorities to meet short-term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- Must be able to work independently without consistent direction or immediate feedback
- Have excellent communication and team skills
- Professional certifications (e.g., INCOSE CSEP) are a plus.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.