SAIC is seeking a Senior Communications Systems Engineer to support the US Space Force Satellite Systems Command, Enterprise Corps, Special Programs Directorate (SSC/ECZ). This role will be co-located with U.S. Space Force Customer in El Segundo, CA.
Client Overview: SSC/ECZ equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
- Monitor RF and signal processing design and development and provide independent assessments, recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and assess design and supporting analysis of satellite communications systems.
- Support space, ground, and communications system design engineering.
- Perform systems engineering for space and ground systems. Be able to evaluate design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Develop and review technical requirements, evaluating technical proposals, review and assess software engineering and algorithm development, and CONOPS development.
- Translate technical requirements into work packages, evaluating technical proposals, manage modeling and simulation activities, and schedule management to deliver an end product.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Develop and evaluate program level documentation for SSC/ECZ assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership.
- Engage and coordinate with SSC Center Staff, HQ US Space Command, and HQ USSF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree and fourteen (14) years of experience OR Masters and twelve (12) years of experience OR PhD or JD and nine (9) years of experience
- Active Top Secret clearance with in-scope SSBI up to a Top Secret/SCI; and able to obtain a Poly clearance under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate
- 14 years of demonstrated experience with design, layout, test, operation, and troubleshooting of radio frequency (RF) digital circuits, space-based RF communications subsystems, and ground-based RF communications systems.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of digital signal processing technologies and protocols, to include: RF modulation techniques, error coding, and standards.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including articulating and presenting technical information in a clear and concise manner to peers and senior technical and non-technical staff
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.