SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support the NAVAIR Aviation Logistics Environment LOG-IT project which is focused on providing state of the art systems and support the fleet effectively and efficiently in Patuxent River, MD.
Work will be performed on site in Patuxent River, MD.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, anticipated in Summer 2022.
The candidate will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast-paced development cycles. Will be strong in web development with a belief that the software engineering “process” is as important as the technology. The candidate will be a senior member of an Agile development team involved in the entire software development lifecycle, interfacing refactored capabilities with existing legacy system. Responsibilities of the developer will include:
- Design and develop technology solutions that are capable of integrating with other components.
- Participating in detailed object-oriented analysis and design.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of development team.
- Full ownership of the sprint work, distribution of tasks, estimation, and coordination with team of developers, including subcontractors – Full engagement in standups, planning, and execution of work
- Full understanding of bugs or production issues as they are submitted and provide team guidance on how to reach solutions, short and long-term
- Support and lead team on best practices in Dev environment by championing DevSecOps initiatives
- Full understanding to identify potential risks to program from Dev perspective and ability to articulate how to mitigate risks
- Develop software code using detailed design documents and requirement documentation
- Gather, review, analyze, and document end user functional requirements, system performance requirements, database requirements, and design constraints
- Provide recommendations to update requirements
- Conduct functional requirements evaluation
- Provide courses of action (COAs) that relate the end user capabilities to the software solutions
- Conduct risk analysis
- Generate and assess data flow diagrams and recommend improvements
- Perform V&V testing to verify proposed solutions meet requirements
- Top Secret Clearance
- Located PAX River, MD
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related major and 13 years of experience.
- 10+ years of recent experience developing within Microservices or MVC architecture patterns.
- 10+ years of recent experience with object-oriented programming.
- 7+ years of recent experience with writing unit tests and using JUnit or Selenium.
- 7+ years of recent experience working on a team as a lead with five or more developers.
- 3+ years of recent experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience using Eclipse IDE and Atlassian Tools like JIRA for issue tracking.
- Experience using SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Recent experience with Scrum, source control (SourceTree, SVN, GIT, or Bitbucket), automated builds (Gradle, Ant, Maven), and continuous integration.
- Recent experience using VM technology.
- Recent experience using PKI or other encryption/decryption technologies.
- Recent experience working on government funded programs.
- Recent experience in cloud infrastructure or migration efforts like AWS or GCP
- Experience working at NAVAIR
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.