SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer at Langley AFB, Virginia to join an integrated team of uniformed military, Government civilians and contractors to build and continuously engineer US Air Force software apps.
- Work to design/sustain innovative Air Force software, primarily on-premise at the Headquarters, Air Combat Command (Ryan Center), Langley AFB, VA, with occasional remote work days.
- Support the design, implementation, and documentation of architectures, including the software, hardware, and communications to support the total customer requirements.
- Ensure these C2 applications are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DOD architectures and security standards.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Interact with functional users to determine system requirements, plan project schedules and implement technical direction.
- Support USAF Systems Administrators (CSA) in the support of operational DoD customers in a military environment. This involves both functional user support and training, and also analysis, troubleshooting, and support for military computer system and network issues.
- Help develop software design documents and technology white papers responsible for developing high-level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems and 5 years or more experience; other experience and industry certifications will be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Experience in database development (e.g., SQL Server), web page design, computer based Training, and using .NET tools and Integrated Development Environments (e.g., Visual Studio) in software development.
- Experience supporting the development of web-based and client/server applications with secure software design and development, and multiple language development processes and tools/utilities.
- Must have, or be able to obtain Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Experience working with scheduling, performance, fielding, compliance with DoD and Air Force IT standards, and security and accreditation.
- Experience with modern MVC, REST, and Web API standards using Microsoft technologies is desirable.
- Experience with Aircraft Delivery Information System (ADIS) or Coronet Air Refueling Planner (CARP) is very desirable.
- Knowledge of military air mission planning, scheduling, and execution, and operations is highly desirable.
- Experience performing Customer Support Administrator (CSA) duties to support operational DoD customers in a military environment is desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows System Administration is highly desirable.
- Security+ certification.
- Familiarity with client-server architectures hosting planning capabilities and web-based architecture.
- Current DoD Secret clearance.
- Applicable industry technical/leadership certifications: AWS/Azure cloud practitioner certifications, Certified Scrummaster (CSM), or others
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.