SAIC is seeking a Spacecraft Payload Engineer to join our Chantilly, VA based team.
- Serves as Spacecraft Payload Engineer with emphasis in Digital Receiver Processors Responsible for multi-payload digital receivers/processor path to flight as primary technical expert.
- Supports end-to-end payload development with experience in the maintenance and verification of segment-level payload requirements and evaluation of specifications, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), development, verification plans, procedures and results, test data, and qualification and acceptance test plans and results.
- Apply knowledge of hardware and software to the receiver development including ASIC and FPGAs, memory, data busses, analog-to- digital converters, and processing algorithms.
- Understanding of size, weight, and power; thermal analysis; mechanical analysis; shock and vibration and effects of EMI/EMC; manufacturability/producibility; reliability; parts materials and processes discipline and radiation effects.
- Oversee payload design updates with an understanding of all performance and spacecraft impacts due to these updates
- Apply program management knowledge to achieve technical performance within cost and schedule constraints.
- Identify risks to program plans, develop corrective action plans, conduct ECP reviews and technical evaluations, cost and schedule evaluations, proposal evaluations, formulate budgets.
- Support payload modification and modernization investigations and studies, assessing proposed designs and evaluation of alternatives to support development, technology insertion candidates, and future payload initiatives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have B.S. in Electrical Engineering or a technical field such as Physics, Math, or Astronautics and 14 years of engineering experience with Radio Frequency systems.
- Candidates must be able to work with large teams of Governments, FFRDC and SETA contractors as well as development contractors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.