SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineers on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the newly named Space Systems Command (SSC) and former Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo.
The following represents a general overview of duties and responsibilities.
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of technology development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework
- Assess program design and viability from a technical perspective
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life cycle
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability
- Perform and oversee concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform and oversee functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Must have experience managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle with emphasis in one or more of the following areas:
- Space / Ground Segment/Space Vehicle Systems Engineering, Design, and Architecture Development
- Requirements and Verification
- Specification Development
- Interface Definition
- Related Processes and Tools Development
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the Government program office
- Ability to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short-term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to team members, customers, and suppliers
- Must be able to work independently
- Active TS/SCI clearance and be willing to consent to a polygraph examination.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.