SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the Geosynchronous Space Situational Awareness Program (GSSAP) Office in the United States Space Force (USSF), Space Systems Command (SSC), Special Programs (SP) Directorate in El Segundo, CA.
- SSC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
- GSSAP satellites are a space-based capability operating in the near-geosynchronous orbit regime supporting U.S. Space Command space surveillance operations as a dedicated Space Surveillance Network (SSN) sensor.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of technology development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework
- Assess program design and viability from a technical perspective
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life cycle
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability
- Perform and oversee concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform and oversee functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders
- Continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short-term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; or PhD or JD and fifteen (15) years or more experience
- Active Top Secret clearance with in-scope SSBI/T5 and have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI for Special Programs. Must be willing to consent to a Poly.
- 16+ years of technical program management, systems engineering, and acquisition within the areas of Space, Space Control, or Reconnaissance.
- Extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of operational space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the Government program office
- Must be able to work in a largely self-supervisory capacity, capable of identifying and taking actions to resolve program needs
- Possess excellent communication and team skills.
- Be able to travel up to 25% CONUS if needed.
- Air Force space community Space Control mission area experience a PLUS!
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.