The Enterprise Architect will work with the Senior Enterprise Architect to identify and evaluate emerging software and hardware technologies. This individual will ensure that their Architectural solutions are aligned with the Enterprise Architecture and the organization's business strategy and provide recommendations and policies for integrating new technologies into the enterprise and championing the technologies adoption once approved. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate across multiple applications to align their architecture, process, and governance documents to meet the enterprise vision. As needed, the EA will review their applications to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The Mid-Level EA will also research, analyze, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural-related topics, as needed. Key
- Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that integrate the client environment.
- Refines and optimizes architectural models and reviews the architectural artifacts produced by junior architects. Responsible for creating architectural prototypes as required.
- Adheres to and promotes appropriate design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design techniques.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on government agency processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements, and implementation timelines.
- Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
- Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high-quality information, and define enterprise-level design standards, best practices, and processes.
- May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, and create reference implementations (e.g., blueprints, playbooks).
- BS and 9+ years experience within Enterprise Architecture
- Able to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust
- Broad understanding of technology solutions and can present solution and to clients
- Broad understanding of technology areas such as Application Development (multi-tier, Web, and Mobile), Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Application / Data Security, Application Platforms, Application Integration, Enterprise Content Management, and Mobility Solutions.
- Significant exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
- Experience with enterprise level application integration technologies (SOA, REST, ICAM, SSO, ESB, XML, NodeJS, Microservices, etc.), SharePoint, Exchange, LDAP, Certificate authority.
- Experience with content management and repository systems · Experience with cloud and mobile platform and technology · Experience with deploying enterprise COTS and Saas solutions · Experience in application retirements and migrations · Experience in data mining, business intelligence
- Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
- In-depth experience in Test Driven Design, Component-Based development in Open Source, Java, and/or Microsoft-based technologies. Understands key architectural frameworks, architectural design approaches and development methodologies
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.