SAIC is seeking an Automated Equipment SoftwareTest Engineer to provide on-site dedicated program support. You will become a vital team member to provide technical support to automated test equipment in the areas of sustainment, troubleshooting, enhancement and repair. This position will be located in Colorado.
- The candidate must be willing to travel to Indianapolis, IN for an initial 4-6 week program orientation with subject matter experts after the time of hire.
- Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of electrical and electronic systems in the areas, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), analog, digital, and system design and other evolving tasking.
- You will provide software engineering expertise for debugging, analyzing and recommending changes to test equipment code and automated test scripts. Configuration management process adherence and documentation of software development including development of test plans, design documentation, maintaining design requirements will also be required.
- You will conduct analysis and collaborate with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- You will be required to understand System Interconnects for delegating appropriate software routines to hardware.
- You will be responsible for generating automated test routines for testing hardware components for functionality and providing user feedback.
- You will design and test electronic systems for embedded underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for land-based testing of naval systems.
- You will develop and execute test plans for new designs and document your results.
- You will design and document systems and circuits in OrCAD, Eagle, or Visio
- You will have powerful computer, software, and test equipment resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 5+ years of engineering design, analysis, and testing
- Past experience leading projects
- Familiarity with National Instruments products including PXI, LabView, or CVI.
- Electronic design in the area of power electronics, audio-band amplifiers and filtering, signal conditioning, and/or high-speed digital.
- Schematic entry using OrCAD Capture or Eagle.
- PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) projects
- Experience with automated test equipment
- Progressive experience in systems design, integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes
- Proficiency with one or more of the following scientific computing languages:
- National Instruments LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time, PXI, Compact RIO, Teststand
- SQL / SQL Server
- Windows/Visual Studio
- Object-Oriented Software Engineering
- Proficiency with utilizing basic lab equipment like Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Spectrum Analyzers, and other test equipment.
- Proficiency with different communication protocols like GPIB, RS232, SPI, Ethernet.
- Experience with Nationals Instruments Hardware like PXI, CRIO, CDAQ, ETC.
• Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.