SAIC is seeking an experienced Operations Integration Engineer to provide systems engineering support to an operational space control operations floor.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Provides expert advice to the program manager on technical progress of the program.
- Performs systems engineering and integration and test functions with delivered system. Performs system modeling, simulation, and analysis with MBSE tools to conduct engineering assessments.
- Develops agent-based models and scenarios to simulate system performance and design to reference missions (DRMs).
- Supports developmental and operational test,
Supports daily operations and mission planning.
Supports integrating new capabilities onto the operations floor. Identifies system discrepancies and shortfalls.
Coordinates with the system operators to document requirements, operational needs, and action items.
Coordinates with the program office and statuses actions to closure.
Provides operator feedback to the program manager.
Documents and implements operational procedures and process improvements. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9+ years of related experience (Masters requires 7+ years and PhD requires 4+ years) with space systems operations, integration and engineering
- Active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination. Qualified applicants must possess a current and active Top Secret/SCI clearance with a current background investigation within 5 years and consent to a polygraph examination
- Experience with developmental and operational testing
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Must be able to worked independently
- Proficient with MATLAB, AGI Systems Tool Kit, Simulink
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.