SAIC has an immediate need for a Logistics Analyst to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The candidate will perform duties supporting the acquisition of telecommunications carrier products and services. The effort requires coordination and communication with Network Engineers, Government Contracting, Government technical monitors, technical personnel, Operations personnel, telecommunications sales/ technical representatives, Corporate Procurement, end users, and others.
- Coordinate with service managers and engineers to fully understand technical and performance requirements.
- Effectively communicate technical and performance requirements to telecommunications vendors to obtain timely and accurate proposals.
- Evaluate service price estimates, coordinate technical review with engineers, and make purchasing recommendations.
- Coordinate with Government or Corporate procurement entities to execute Service Agreements with telecommunication carriers that effectively meet technical service requirements.
- Maintain regular communications with telecommunications vendors, engineering leads, site contacts and others to maintain and update delivery schedules.
- Update implementation, inventory, and cost databases to reflect the latest status for the complete lifecycle of all telecommunications inventory.
- Regularly update management concerning status and potential issues.
- Represent the Carrier Management group in Business Office activities such as Program Service Level Agreement (PSLA) group meetings and process, meetings with Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s), end users, and GSFC Business Office. As well as integrate cost items into Design, Cost, Schedule (DCS) for customer and funding approvals.
- Coordinate data base improvements for the circuit contract and PSLA data base modules.
- Coordinate and oversee the subcontractor with circuit procurements.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Carrier Management Process documentation as well as provide input to PSLA process documentation.
- Assist with telecommunication carrier invoice reviews, validations, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Provide technical leadership to more junior team members.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree & 10 year experience, or 14 years without degree
- Clear and concise written and oral communication
- A basic understanding of telecommunications technologies
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
- Self-motivation coupled with time management to complete tasks correctly and on time
- Adaptability to ever changing work priorities
- Keen sense of attention to detail
- At least 1 year telecommunication carrier experience
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) knowledge
- Experience ordering, tracking, managing Telecommunication Carrier Service Orders
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
Travel (if any):
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.