SAIC is looking for a Senior Desktop Engineer supporting NASA in Huntsville, Alabama.
The End-User Services Program Office (EUSO) is located at MSFC and one of the Agency’s six program offices under the Agency Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO). We oversee the portfolio of services and capabilities associated with the end-user services domain, which includes defining and executing overall strategy, roadmaps, standards, policies, investments, and projects.
The scope of the EUSO includes Agency-wide: End User Compute, Mobile, and Print Device Management, End User Software Management, email and calendaring (O365 and NOMAD), Business Productivity Services, Infrastructure Services, Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), Local Service Desks, End User Standards, and IT Security. Our contract Enterprise contract is NEST.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, testing, and designing platform configuration models for end user computers and mobile devices.
- Assist in design of end user data management strategy and Microsoft OneDrive optimization, to include development of performance metrics and service levels.
- Ensure reliable backup and recovery of necessary data.
- Provide analytical support to the program management team regarding platform engineering capabilities, functions, and solutions.
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and five years of related Desktop Engineering experience
- Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Excellent knowledge in installing and configuring Microsoft, Apple, and LINUX Operating Systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10 OS components and services, Microsoft Windows 2012 Server and Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy functionality
- Skilled in configuration and maintenance of network and cloud storage devices and services.
- Experience with common end user network applications and software distribution systems, such as System Configuration Center Manger (SCCM), BigFix, Intune, and Jamf.
- Experience with Virtual Desktop services, Citrix MCS and PVS
- Experience with system automation/configuration scripting including: VB/VBS, PowerShell
- Understanding of system security compliance requirements.
- Five + years of design/engineering/architecture experience in end user computing technologies Including Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM) and Microsoft deployment toolkit
- Two + years of experience with O365 administration and experience with Microsoft Azure Expertise in Configuration Management Engineering Support for Enterprise Wide Customer hardware and software installation and maintenance of Servers/Systems and related equipment.
- Experience documenting end user requirements and user guides
- Expertise providing strong written and verbal communication.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.