SAIC is seeking a Senior Web Vulnerability Analyst to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that supports the Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States Government. The role is a part of the Patch and Vulnerability Management Group, the group which tracks vulnerabilities and coordinates the remediation efforts. The successful candidate will support web application scanning and remediation.
- Support Web scanning processes and procedures
- Develop and improve process and other documentation.
- Perform web application scheduling, scanning, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform analysis of web vulnerabilities.
- Interface with client, client's customer, and operation teams.
- Configure, manage, and operate web vulnerability scanning tools as required.
- Develop, execute, and improve work instructions and other technical documentation related to vulnerability scanning.
- Analyze vulnerability data with a variety of tools.
- Effectively and accurately document work in various formats including work instructions, change management requests, incident tickets, and email. Improve efficiency through process improvement and automation.
- Triage dynamic application scanning service requests and serve as subject matter expert for web scanning vulnerability advice and consulting.
- Communicate application vulnerabilities at the technical level, potential business impact, highlight risks and mitigation/remediation options to assist teams.
- Provide guidance on web application secure configuration and best practices.
- Troubleshoot vulnerability scan configurations, validating identified vulnerabilities and work with vendor support and/or application teams to assist with remediation/validation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more years of experience in IT/Cyber Security; Eight (8) years of related experience in lieu of Degree; Masters and four (4) years or more of experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Web Vulnerability Scanning tools. Experience must include maintaining scanning tool, configuring scans, running scans, pulling scan result, dissemination the information and supporting the remediation efforts.
- 3+ years of experience with analyzing vulnerabilities and developing an action plan for resolving them.
- Experience developing and documenting standard operations procedures and work instructions for web application vulnerability scanning.
- Device vulnerability scanning tools experience is a plus
- Documented experience with the Device or Web Vulnerability scanning tools. Candidate should be strongly familiar with vulnerability scanning, identification and remediation using different vulnerability management tools.
- Broad knowledge of current information technology web application systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
- Comfortable using the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.