Job ID: 2200589
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2022
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has a phenomenal opportunity for a VP of Business Development who can lead our SLED team, deliver double digit growth, has established deep client relationship, and proven track record of managing the full scope of business practices; client relationship management, ability to target, develop, qualify and help capture profitable business. We seek a Business Development executive with these talents for our State and Local portfolio of accounts.
If you have an established track record shaping and winning large programs, delivering successive years of double digit growth and believe you can excel with the support of a world class organization rich in culture, portfolio of solutions and services and access to a wide range of contract vehicles then we are the perfect destination for your talent, your skills and your abilities. We offer a very attractive compensation package, a broad breath of services and solutions for the Federal Financial agencies and, career opportunities second to none.
We seek a candidate who will work collaboratively our VP of Business Development and SLED VP to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for agency level business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities within State and Local Agencies. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the abilities of; market analysis, strategic business planning including opportunity identification, qualification and maturation, confidently making pursue or no pursue decisions in past assignments. Prudent use of business unit resources in successfully capturing award of large/major agency programs will be a huge PLUS.
The successful candidate will:
Secondary responsibilities will include:
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors or 4 years’ experience in lieu of a degree and 17+ years of related experience.
• A reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
• Experience leading successful BD teams in the Federal IT space
• Ability to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers
• Ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required
• Five years of recent experience in the federal financial agencies including, business development, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus. Security Clearance: None; U.S. Citizenship required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.