Your Power BI capability will focus on converting business and client reporting requirements into user friendly, interactive and easy-to-understand reports & dashboards, connecting to desktop API, Azure databases, SharePoint and other data sources.
- Deliver required project inputs according to time and quality requirements
- Ensure progress is accurately communicated and expectations of various stakeholders are managed effectively
- Oversee Power BI capability; be the go-to person, train colleagues as a Power BI administrator
- Proactively integrate new technologies for more advanced analytics including Power Automate and PowerApps
- Provide Power BI desktop & cloud platform, gateways & administration support and expertise
- Provide good DAX, data modelling and basic M (Power Query Editor) capability
- Produce and enhance reports & dashboards
Data handling and processing:
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats
- Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Analyze data and present data through reports that aid decision-making
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timeline to accomplish
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) with clear objectives and consistently monitor those
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Create customized charts and custom calculations per requirements
- Design, develop and deploy business intelligence solutions as per needs
- Participate in the quality system and effectively apply the DOT’s procedures, policies and practices
- Oversee/Quality Check Data Migration routines, reviewing outputs against quality standards and continually looking for process improvement
- Work with users and team members at all levels for performance improvement and suggestions
Requires BA/BS with 8+ years of related experience in design using SharePoint and other collaboration platforms.
- Experience in creating data-rich dashboards, writing DAX expressions, and implementing row-level security in Power BI
- Ability to develop custom BI products that require knowledge of scripting languages and programming languages like R and Python
- Sound knowledge of database management, SQL querying, data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence, and OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stacks such as Power Pivot, SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS is an added advantage
US Citizen. Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.