SAIC is seeking a USAF DCGS Senior Lead Solution architect/engineer to support the capture and execution of DCGS and related ISR opportunities. The position resides in our Air Force Defense Agency and COCOM (AFDODAC) business unit, and will be essential in developing, presenting and executing technical solutions and architectures aligned with USAF DCGS requirements and programs. The Lead Solution Architect will work in conjunction with the capture team and then transition to a program lead engineer role upon contract award. The position is located in Robins GA.
- Applying subject matter expertise in related technologies; system capabilities, performance, and concepts of operations to develop winning solution architectures and lead technical execution for large ($100M+) USAF DCGS weapon system opportunities.
- Leverage domain expertise to develop comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
- Collaborates with business development, capture, proposal, and other team members to optimize our proposed solutions. Meets with customers on SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions for business development and capture efforts.
- Full participation in proposal development activities to include solutioning, architecture development, engineering team leadership and oral presentations.
- After contract award, function as the Lead Engineer for the program, be responsible for the execution of all engineering activities, and serve as the technical advisor to the program manager in support of day-to-day customer interactions.
- Perform critical support to the Program Manger during program execution in the areas of technical cost/trade-off analyses, scheduling, risk management, budget and cost performance, identification of new technologies and quality delivery.
- Leverage communication skills to direct the overall engineering team and to interface with customer engineering leadership in all technical areas (to include status, recommendation, problem solving/issue resolution, & contract strategic technical direction)
- Fully responsible for technical performance of the contract
- Coordinates and directs engineering activities for internal engineering staff as well as subcontract partners
- Experience leading large, complex ($100M+) DoD engineering acquisition programs
- Experience developing system solution architectures for complex and challenging weapon system or DoD related programs
- Current or prior USAF DCGS experience with comprehensive understanding of technical and operational concepts
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with customers and internal team personnel
- Ability to problem solve and direct solutions and communicate critical issues and initiatives to senior level company and customer leadership
- BS in Engineering or appropriate technical area with 14 years or more of relevant experience or a Masters degree with 12 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience leading Systems Engineering efforts including Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture for Systems of Systems (SoS), and sustainment engineering,
- Top Secret/SCI clearance or ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience implementing technical solutions using new and or innovative technologies
- Experience executing Agile/DevOps processes
- Experience with Cloud Implementations
- Experience with FEDSIM acquisitions
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.