SAIC is actively seeking a Principal MSSQL Database Developer to design, develop, implement, and maintain relational database capabilities in an enterprise environment in support of enterprise reporting requirements.
Note: This position will primarily be a Remote / Virtual / Work from home position
- Candidate is expected to have an extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of related disciplines.
- The successful candidate will be able to develop technical solutions to complex problems, which requires the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Specific responsibilities of the SQL Database Developer include working with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client’s entity relationship and flow of data.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to designing, developing, and maintaining Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) interface code for enterprise business data; analyzing new requirements to build capabilities in an enterprise environment; providing enhancements and bug fixes to existing database objects.
- Develop and transform Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) using data modeling software.
- Requires the ability to understand customer problems, quickly learn new tools and technologies, and work both independently and as part of a team of developers and functional experts to rapidly deliver customer solutions.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to meet objectives using good judgment and techniques for obtaining solutions with minimal direction.
- Candidate will represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects, which may require being a prime technical contact on the project, if needed.
- Bachelors Degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 9+ years of experience in development or a related field
- Secret Clearance or able to obtain a Secret Clearance. SAIC will assist with ob
- Experience working with MSSQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience developing scripts to create and modify database tables and to populate and maintain data
- Demonstrated experience working with data layers accessed from a Java-based application with an understanding of software design as it relates to SQL
- Demonstrated experience with complex SQL queries
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps process
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining database security
Desired (not required):
- Demonstrated experience using SQL database standards
- Demonstrated experience with complex data migration planning and execution
- Demonstrated experience and ability to optimize database performance
- Demonstrated experience in coding ETL interfaces
- Experience in applying vendor released security updates to databases
- Strong understanding of Database structures and relationships
- Experience applying DoD STIG guidelines to database software and related database objects
- Exposure to cloud computing systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.