SAIC is seeking a forward-thinking, hands-on Java Software Developer to join our team as we continue to provide innovative web solutions to our customer.
Note: This position will be a Remote / Virtual / Work from home position.
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Java Full-stack developer who is able to serve our customer in developing, maintaining and modernizing applications.
- Candidate is expected to have a complete understanding of software engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
- Activities may include concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system analysis and design, web interface and data structures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Candidate must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Requires the ability to understand customer problems, quickly learn new tools and technologies, and work both independently and as part of a team of developers and functional experts to rapidly deliver customer solutions.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to meet objectives using good judgment and techniques for obtaining solutions while working under general direction.
- Candidate will represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects, which may require direct communication with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in development or a related field
- Secret Clearance or able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps process
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities and a strong work ethic with the ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment
- Experience with architecting and building applications
- Demonstrated experience with complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
Desired (not required):
- DOD systems experience
- Working with application servers such as WebLogic, Wildfly, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience with Java frameworks.
- Experience with .NET framework
- Experience developing/customizing web applications using HTML, CSS, and MSSQL
- Experience writing code using secure coding practices
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.