Job ID: 2200719
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Senior Security Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Ground program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate will support the development/maintenance of the Program NASA and NOAA Cyber Security efforts (including System Security Plan documentation, and Authorization and Assessment (A&A) efforts) and participate in the review and updates of the JPSS System Security Requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Representing the JPSS Ground Project in security working group meetings.
- Participating in management-level and mission-level reviews, meetings, and audits pertaining to security topics.
- Traveling as appropriate for security-related meetings and activities, and/or training class(es) as approved by the Project.
- Supporting security activities in maintaining the security posture of the Common Ground System (CGS) post-accreditation; interacts with various JPSS Program and external partners.
- Providing inputs for interconnection agreements with external mission stakeholders to NOAA 5042 boundary.
- Performing duties as primary Project point of contact between the JPSS CGS contractor and the NOAA NESDIS Information System Security Officer (ISSO); interacts as appropriate with the NOAA NESDIS Certifying Agent (CA), Designated Authorizing Official (AO), and Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Providing inputs/comments to the JPSS CGS as well as mission specific schedules with respect to security related activities; support to the Operations handover from JPSS Ground Project to NOAA Office of Satellite and Produce Operations (OSPO) (upon separation of integration and operational strings).
- Coordinating and maintaining the currency of test as well as operational interconnection agreements with systems external to the defined security boundaries of the JPSS CGS.
- Support the NASA ISSO on NASA Security Plans and security requirements. This would include:
- Responding to Federal and Agency data calls as they are received.
- Working closely with System Administrators (SAs) to implement configuration standards that enhance the security posture on the JPSS systems and services.
- Participating in Contingency Plan (CP) exercises.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.