SAIC has an immediate need for a Configuration Management Analyst to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. The Configuration Management group uses exploratory data mining, analysis, and insights to help plan, measure, and optimize business data needs with the goal of improving the accuracy and usability of Remedy-based CMDB and related data.
- Contribute thought leadership in maturing IT Configuration Management practices.
- Provide data analysis, auditing, establish corrective action approach, and management of the Configuration Management Database.
- Analyze and perform trend analysis based on research and comparisons with past products. Must be able to analyze complex data sets using commercial and customer software. Ideal candidate will obtain data (structured and unstructured) from multiple sources, synthesize it, and present the results effectively and concisely in written and graphic form, including customized data sets.
- Use effective critical thinking skills, analyze existing configuration management processes and help to refine them.
- Apply business-process analytical skills to participate in data construct collaboration with technical support groups and Subject Matter Experts to identify where procedural and structural changes improve asset management and reporting.
- Continually review CM reports and audit results to provide recommendations for improvements, demonstrating thought leadership and ability to implement any or all of those recommendations.
- Provides technical and analytical support: assessing data from related CMDB, Incident and Change systems, researching anomalies, and validating compliance with associated processes (roles & responsibilities).
Required Education and Experience:
- 6 months of related data analysis experience are desired
- Experience in a network support environment desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Good people skills and able to work closely with co-workers during intense periods of schedule mandated deliverables
- Good analytical skills: able to sift through data to identify possible issues
- Experience with BMC Remedy
- Basic understanding of IT networks and communication systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.