SAIC is seeking a Senior Business Operations Manager to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering to analyze the productivity and efficiency of organizational structure, projects, and activities and advise SES-level leadership on the effectiveness of government programs and operations. The candidate will support the Director, Mission Integration (https://ac.cto.mil/mission-engineering/) as a trusted agent in the oversight of the organization’s mission execution as well as development of strategic communications and organizational change management plans. The Senior Business Operations Manager will help our customers solve complex problems; manage project communications, schedules, risk, policy compliance, and workflow; budgets, and reporting; and increase workforce productivity through process improvement.
A perfect candidate will have depth and breadth of knowledge of: organizational analysis (e.g., analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing staffing capacity and capability; missions; management principles and processes); and programmatic planning and analysis (project and organizational cost, schedule, performance and risk) in the context of OSD-level organizational mission dynamics between operational requirements (e.g., Combatant Commands, Joint Staff), budget (e.g., OSD CAPE), and DoD weapons systems development and acquisition (e.g., OUSD(R&E), OUSD(A&S)).
Job duties include:
- Develop and track technical and schedule progress; evaluate and analyze the health of programs / projects against established goals & objectives within the Mission Integration (MI) organization (e.g. ongoing Mission Engineering analyses (e.g., JADC2), annual organizational goals to meet DDRE(AC) strategic goals)
- Develop, recommend, and implement modifications to current procedures and policies to improve efficiency; develop new standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Provide organizational management to include staffing analysis; support director-level organizational surveys (seek feedback from the staff); provide recommendations on staffing efficiencies to accomplish organizational goals
- Support development of resource budgets (#s of personnel required to accomplish tasks); coordinate with govt Budget Financial Manager to track and assess organizational budget as it relates to ongoing projects
- Work with front office staff (e.g., workflow manager, legislative affairs) to:
- Assess impact of taskers and new laws/policy on the organization
- Support the development and tracking of taskers/AIs assigned to the organization to facilitate timely senior leadership feedback and approval
- Provide key knowledge management functions
- Evaluate and advise on the organization, methods, and procedures for providing administrative support systems such as records, communications, directives, forms, files, and documentation (e.g., improvements organizational and project level data for ease of searching and sharing)
- Analyze management information requirements to develop program or administrative reporting systems including the systems specifications, data gathering and analytical techniques, and systems evaluation methodology
- Recommend KM technology where applicable (e.g., advise on the potential benefits/uses of automation to improve the efficiency of administrative support or program operations)
- Develop reports/briefs on significant activities with a focus on quantifiable progress; report on the effectiveness of projects and processes
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a STEM field)
- 15 years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives efficiently and effectively
- Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and reports
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good interpersonal skills
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of military planning and operations to include exercises and experiments focused on use of new technologies
- Understanding of JCIDS, PPBES and Adaptive Acquisition Framework
- Current knowledge of OUSD(R&E) structure and understanding of the National Defense Strategy and the modernization areas
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.