SAIC’s National Security and Space sector is seeking a SIGINT Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
SAIC has an opening for a Systems Engineer to provide SETA services to an IC customer who is responsible for developing and maturing RF technology (SIGINT, RADAR, ELINT, Photonics) from applied research into demonstrably mature capabilities that can be inserted into system program baselines. The successful candidate will support the next generation of national security-related systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directly support government program manager in project management and execution of RF technology research and development (R&D) efforts
- Plan and execute technology maturation through the R&D life cycle
- Support transition of mature hardware to system program offices for flight development
- Provide technical review and assessment of SIGINT technologies and theoretical concepts of signal characteristics
- Work closely with the IC customer supporting all phases of the acquisition strategy and process to include Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, Requirements, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other required solicitation/contract documents
- Support acquisition source selection activities as an advisor
- Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and develop status briefings for government and industry
- Interact with outside organizations such as DoD, NASA, National Labs, and Universities to coordinate activities for maximum effect
- Provide identification, assessment and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during program execution
- Work with the IC customer to advance resiliency activities/initiatives in SIGINT technology
- Active TS/SCI with/Poly
- Bachelor degree in Physics, Engineering, Math or related discipline + 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of SIGINT technologies and the RF industry
- Program/Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
- Advanced degree in Physics, Engineering, Math or related discipline
- Knowledge of leading edge technologies in SIGINT, such as: wideband receiver architectures, digital signal processing, phased arrays, RF system testing and characterization and microwave photonics
- Understanding of RF engineering principles, such as, linearity, Noise Figure, Gain, VSWR
- R&D Program/Project management experience
- Familiarity with Government and IC acquisition, budget and contracting processes
- Experience and ability to coordinate with DoD or IC R&D organizations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.