SAIC is seeking an Instructional Designer in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Develop and modify learning products, to include presentation slides, instructor and student guides, quick reference materials, checklists, tutorials, interactive exercises, and instructional videos.
- Support our Global Command and Control System - Maritime (GCCS-M), GCCS - Tactical Combat Operations (GCCS-TCO), and Joint Tactical Common Operational Picture (COP) Workstation (JTCW) Program.
- Use established instructional theories to design and develop instructional content for Interactive Multi-media Instruction. Responsibilities include developing storyboards and instructional video scripts as well as establishing clearly defined learning outcomes, performance objectives, assessment items, and branching techniques.
- Design and implement synchronous and asynchronous courses up to level three interactivity, in accordance with current multimedia e-learning industry standards.
- Create comprehensive written tests that link directly to learning objects and assess the learners specific knowledge required to perform a particular job duty. Types include true or false, matching, fill in the blank, and multiple choice.
- Create performance tests that link directly to learning objectives and require learners to perform a task instead of selecting an answer from a list.
- Create lesson embedded interactive knowledge checks, which may be scored but do not affect the completion of training.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders to manage and align objectives, promote collaboration, and facilitate course development and deployment.
- Perform testing and validation of computer systems, applications, and servers in conjunction with developing learning content.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or Education and five (5) years of experience in the C4I System Administration and Maintenance to include: writing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C4I systems or equipment.
- Working knowledge of Navy authoring tools (CPM/LOM, AIM, etc.) to develop Navy training curriculum.
- Must have experience within the last two (2) years with the Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) End-to-End (E2E) process to include the development of Navy Training System Plans (NTSPs), Navy Front End Analysis (FEA) deliverables, and Job Duty Task Analysis (JDTA).
- Possess intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Possess intermediate or above proficiency with Web conferencing products (Microsoft Teams, Zoom Gov, etc.).
Required Security Clearance:
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active clearances accepted.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.