As a customer In-Plant Satellite Factory Integration & Test (I&T) Engineer, provide government customer insight at satellite contractor facility during design, manufacture, integration, test and launch phases. Responsibilities will include oversight of various contractor I&T activities; identifying and resolving technical issue by leading and influencing contractor efforts in successfully delivering satellite for on orbit operations.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in an interactive team environment with Government customer leads, satellite subsystems developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Facilitates communications between Customer Program Office and contractor team and provide written daily and weekly status reports to customer program office
- Identify, communicate and lead program team to address and resolve technical and programmatic issues
- Review, assess and evaluate contractor satellite assembly, integration and test plans and procedures
- Perform test engineering and requirements flow down assessment on all satellite level test plans, procedures and reports
- Provide analysis support on satellite test results to verify the satellite design satisfies the system requirements.
- Performs Spacecraft level requirements satisfaction analysis and Functional & Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA)
- Participate in Failure Review Boards (FRBs) to adjudicate and resolve anomalies by direct fact finding, audits, inquiries, and investigations of processing, testing, or operational failures.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards or that appropriate deviations/waivers are in place
- 24/7 shift work may be required
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- 10 or more years of Spacecraft systems engineering experience with integration and test experience
- Experience working in satellite development, manufacturing, and I&T
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills (including collaborative communication skills)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- MS in Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with multiple satellite programs and satellite System Engineering Integration and Test
- Experience with early life-cycle satellite engineering activities/milestones, satellite integration and test, and Launch and Initialization (L&I) activities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.