SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) business unit, USG Mission and Information Technology division provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as system engineering, cloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence / machine learning, application development, SecDevOps, network operations, and secure communications.
We are seeking a Technical Solutions Writer to support the USG Mission and Information Technology division proposal process and lead technical responses of upcoming proposals. This position works closely with senior leadership and requires someone who has a broad technical background, well organized, and passionate about delivering winning proposals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of accurate, compelling messaging and high-quality content for proposals.
- Meets with Bids & Proposals team, Business Development, Capture, and Operations staff to review RFP and determine requirements to develop compliant, customized proposals.
- Coordinates with Proposal Manager and leadership team to develop a compliant outline for assigned proposal sections.
- Provides end-to-end writing support for assigned proposal section or volume in response to solicitations to ensure delivery of a well-written, compelling, and compliant response.
- Participates in win theme strategy development and refinement. Ensures incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with proposal requirements and RFP requirements.
- Works with stakeholders at all levels, including senior leadership, to facilitate knowledge sharing and improve content development processes.
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the proposal team regarding processes, tools, and templates.
- Bachelor's degree and 13 + years of related work experience
- Work or writing experience in at least three of the following: system engineering, cloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, AI/ML, application development, SecDevOps, network operations, and secure communications.
- Technical writing experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Strong experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and prioritize important tasks
- Technical writing experience in several of the following domains: cloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, AI/ML, application development, and SecDevOps.
- Experience working with Solution Architects to refine and/or customize corporate capabilities into Customer focused solutions.
- Experience writing winning proposals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Experience within the cleared government contracting environment
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.